Sunday, June 27, 2010

Washington D.C. - South Mission!!!

Posted by PicasaThis is the monument at the base of the Nauvoo Temple where J.T. got his call. It is Joseph and Hyrum on horse back, their final ride together on there way to Carthage. He got a text from Alyssa Weber who was watching our 3 little ones that she had just picked up his call in the mail. He was presented with a huge dilemma (do I wait 4 days and open the call myself or do I get Chace to read it to me over the phone??). Well - the suspense was killing him so he decided to have Chace read it to him over the phone. This monument is where he wanted to be when he found out. On our way there, we ran into the Brady's that we had met earlier on our trip and JT invited them to join us, they were so excited to be a part of it all. We all stood around this monument waiting to get the news. Chace was great and when he read WASHINGTON D.C.-SOUTH there was a lot of jumping up and down and squealing. Tim was freaking out because this is where he served on his mission!!!!! What a way to receive your mission call!!!!
He will be speaking English and reports to the MTC August 11th.

2 comments:

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

I love that your family got to do that! That has do be one of the most memorable things our family ever did . . . even though it was crazy, and wild, and there was fighting, teasing etc. It was worth it. That is what made the Doctrine and Covenants so special to me! I wish everyone could see all of those things!!! We are SO excited for JT! I will miss him like I missed all of my own brothers! He is such a special kid and holds a VERY special place in Camron's and my heart! I hope you are coping well with everything!! Love and miss you guys!!! Love the CONNOLLYS

JENNE said...

Holy Cow you have a-LOT going on with your family!!! I know you have a lot of family in this area but you know we would love to have you stay as JT goes in to the MTC! Congrats to you all! I am super excited for you!!