Thursday, October 16, 2008

Waiting Up For Kids!!!!

I am sitting here waiting for my 3 year old to GO TO SLEEP!!! He took a late nap (need I say more). I definantly don't sleep when he is in my bed, so I usually just wait it out and try to get things done around the house until he finally calls it a night. I have thought a lot about the many hours my parents (mainly my mom) spent waiting up for one of her children. When you have teenagers you wait up and worry a lot. Thanks mom for waiting up for me. I always enjoyed our late night visits. Then it totally dawned on me that I am not going to have to wait up for Carly anymore. WOW!! That is totally sad, it makes my heart ache. I've spent sooo much time waiting. Waiting for their first step, first word, first day of school, first talk in primary, first football game, first time to pass the sacrament, first prom date etc. So, tonight at 11:50 pm I have decided I can WAIT!!!!!!!!! I AM IN NO HURRY!!

No comments: