Friday, March 12, 2010

What kind of donations have you made lately???

Posted by PicasaIn the dictionary - DONATE means to make a gift of.
I've donated my time before and I have even donated money to a few good causes but this amazing lady is going to DONATE one of her kidneys on Wednesday (17th) to her best friends husband (Matt Weber). How do you top a donation/gift like that???
To my amazingly brave sister-in-law I admire and love you. I am grateful for your example of service and "gift giving". My thoughts and prayers are with you and I know that you will be blessed beyond measure for your selflessness. Here's to a speedy recovery and a ragnar that I'm running for you - You're my inspiration!!
LOVE ya MELZ!!!!

6 comments:

Dave Sargeant said...

Found you by clicking on next blog. Wow, what a gift, life transforming and not just for the participants. What a tribute to your Mum in the last but one blog. My blog is called' Beauties of creation.

JENNE said...

Wow, Wow, WOW!!!
Melanie has always been an incrediable, beautiful, unselfish person - but now she is going way, way beyond and it is inspiring!
I will add my prayers and thoughts to your families. Hope all goes well.

d.jo said...

So incredibly selfless. What an example. It's interesting because I keep thinking that what we do with our lives enables us to serve in different capacities. When you have your life in order financially, you're able to assist others or organizations in a way that you wouldn't be able to if you weren't financially stable. And then I heard about Melanie and realized that she's been doing a really good job keeping her body in shape and healthy. Her sacrifices to keep her health in order is now enabling her to give of herself in a way that will safe the life/quality of life for someone she cares about...who wouldn't want to do that if they were able? Amazing. I want to have my life in order like that so that I can give in whatever way the Lord needs me to give.... Way to be Mels, Way to be.

Aunt Tiff said...

A True HERO!!!

Jacob and Sheena Lee said...

That is truely heart touching! Your family is in our prayers and for Melanie! Miss you all!

Deni said...

What an amazing thing to do. I hope that all goes well for both parties involved.

Thank you for sharing such a special story.